Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a used Hyper 1100S and it’s got a very irregular idle at cold start. It almost skips a beat (motor almost comes to a stop) consistently for about 30 seconds, idles normally for 30 second, goes back to skipping a beat for another 30.. and so on, until the it warms up and then everything’s fine.

Anyone else experience something similar? Maybe the stepper motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
When was the last time its had its TPS reset and calibrated?

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
You would be surprised at how many people complain about rough idles then have their TPS reset to fix the problem. Its not very hard and can be done in minutes. Give it a go, very little to lose.

Other than that, can be fuel related. Old crummy filter may need replacing. Only say because at first its rough but then once cleared starts running normal.

Good luck!

Reactions: jsxpark

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Tune it.

Add your location to your profile maybe someone locally can give you a hand. If you are in Tampa, I work for beer :)

t_bare

Reactions: complexCarlo

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
992 Posts
First off, congrats on the new bike!

Well, since you just purchased it, you don't necessarily have the experience with it to tell you if this is an actual issue that came up that it didn't have before, or, just typical case of a lean running condition.

If the bike is completely stock and un-tuned, there's a good chance it's an undesired lean condition by what you describe since it goes away after it warms up. Have you noticed if the symptom is less profound on warmer days or dictated upon temperature?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. Will try resetting the TPS first. How do you guys go about doing this? Guzzidiag?

This is my 3rd Hyper 1100 so I know the idle is not normal. Only mods are full Termis and race ECU

It only idles irregularly on cold starts, regardless of the air temp.

If anyone's in southern california with a hyper, come join me at the kart tracks. It's a blast

1 - 7 of 7 Posts