Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 ducati 1098s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Ducati 1098s cuts in and out while riding. I replaced and relocated the VR with a mosfet. Its still happening now while idling. The rpm indicator, headlight and other electric components turn off and on along with the engine. As fast as you blink your eyes it turns back on

·
Registered
479 Posts
2008 Ducati 1098s cuts in and out while riding. I replaced and relocated the VR with a mosfet. Its still happening now while idling. The rpm indicator, headlight and other electric components turn off and on along with the engine. As fast as you blink your eyes it turns back on
Battery cables are the first stop. Next I would check the ignition wiring from the barrel all the way to the connector where it plugs into the main harness. Your looking for clean, uncorroded terminals and wires with clean sheathing, no melting or discoloration from heat and corrosion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 ducati 1098s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Battery cables are the first stop. Next I would check the ignition wiring from the barrel all the way to the connector where it plugs into the main harness. Your looking for clean, uncorroded terminals and wires with clean sheathing, no melting or discoloration from heat and corrosion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok will do. Thanks for you advise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts