Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking at purchasing a 2008 Ducati 1098. What are some problem area with this bike I should look at? The bike has a little over 8200 miles on it but it looks to be in good shape. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I was about to write i can't recall where the site is to check but found it.
I'm interested in getting a 1098 so looking forward to the feedback you get.
Good luck in your quest, post up pics when you get one.

Here you go. Just punch in the vin number for recalls performed.
https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/service-maintenance/recall-campaign

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ducati did a couple small updates on the 2008 year over the 2007. One was bore a small drain hole on the swingarm to prevent water pulling and rust near the ride height adjuster and rear shock. So check for any issues there. I don't recall the other. Also check all of the usual things like fork seals, fuild colors, and if you can remove belly pan to look for leaks. Service history is always nice as well.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had an 08 and put close to 20,000 miles on it. I never had a bit of trouble with mine other than chewing up tires with spirited riding. My tank swelled up a tad but never had to be replaced. The only issue I had was the clutch slave. It would need bled pretty much every season. I also had condensation in the gauge cluster after a very wet ride but it went away pretty quickly.

Overall it was a fantastic bike.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
there should be a heat shield behind the voltage reg. was a recall.

if it has a dp kit the air filters are a touch short and will allow dirt into the airbox.

see if the tank cap recess drain nipple is blocked in the bottom of the fuel tank. may result in water getting into the tank.

otherwise basic maintenance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts