Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hey folks...

The frame of my bike no longer carries a sticker stating any emissions information. I do believe at one point it did, underneath the seat (emissions one side, decibel info one side)...

in any case, I'm travelling and require this information.

I'm discussing with Ducati North America to see if they have a master list of VINs for bikes produced for US sales, along with the OEM emission specifications for the model - in which case I can produce a formal document stating what would have been on said sticker.

As an alternate course, I'm trying to get a real photo of that frame sticker for reference.

if anyone can provide me that, and/or any hard data/import data for the 2008 biposto and emissions, that would be totally appreciated.

Thanks kindly in advance!

·
Registered
880 Posts
The stickers you are looking for would be under the tank a large sticker
with valve settings etc and a smaller sticker with a picture of the evap
system on it. On my bike the large sticker was missing probably still on
the original tank I have a replacement tank due to swelling the small sticker
was hanging on by a piece of tape and pretty beat up. I needed the sticker
to pass registration for the CA DMV since the bike was from out of state
and had to meet compliance standards. I went to a Dealer to see about
a replacement sticker they had to contact Ducati the response was it
would be $365.00 and could take a month or longer to get. I just made
a new small sticker and it passed w/o any problems at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I have kept my original emissions sticker, despite replacing my tank twice. It was rather hap-haphazardly slapped onto the "tongue" that has a hole for the rear mount. It was crooked and half off the tank. I peeled it off and stuck it to the white board in my garage- where it is to this day.

I could scan it or photo it for you, but my bike is a 2007 GT and not correct for your specific model and year.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS very much guys.

I haven't had the tank off for a year or so, and can't remember if I saw any stickers under there...

I will have to check again. As for printing out a couple labels, that's where I was leaning worst case!

Thanks again. This all helps a heap.

Cheers
L

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I think the emissions is only required for California registration
I don't think NJ has this requirement
THANKS very much guys.

I haven't had the tank off for a year or so, and can't remember if I saw any stickers under there...

I will have to check again. As for printing out a couple labels, that's where I was leaning worst case!

Thanks again. This all helps a heap.

Cheers
L

·
Registered
1 Posts
@hypermo thanks so much for the additional details. I'm here in LA banging my head on this, and the dealership I talked to said I'd have to go through Ducati themselves. Aside from the cost estimate you mentioned, I simply can't wait long enough for them to send me a replacement. The backing layer of the label is still on my bike, but the top printed layer fell off! Is there any chance you have a design/label file for the one you made that you could share?

·
Registered
880 Posts
The 1st attachment in the post above is the image I made of the label just
change the year to 2008 and you should have no problem. I did print it on some
silver label stock so it looked just like the stock sticker. I just changed it for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got my bike from Utah and had to take it to the CHP, the officer looked around for that sticker and couldn't find it so he just wrote on it the paperwork that he hasn't found it and I got all the reg paperwork pretty quick. Your best bet may be to take it to the CHP and hope they don't dig too deep. CHP by my house is pretty swamped so they pass folks quick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts