Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I recently picked up a 2008 1100s hyper and It came without an ignition or an ecu. I ordered a full key set and the ecu. I'm hoping someone can help me get the bike started. I'm hoping to switch off the key immobilizer if it's possible. I was told the ecu is a "race" ecu and the bike has a full exhaust with a Zard muffler. Please help. I do have the original dash and a key did come with the bike. Just no ignition or ecu. Ppease forgive my ignorance on the subject.Thanks in advance folks!

P.s. I do have Guzzidiag and the cables installed if that might help me.

Attachments

·
Registered
879 Posts
Key immobilizer!

On your bike the key and dash share the code the ecu has the option of having
the immobilizer function turned on or off. The race ecu comes with the immobilizer
function turned on unless some one has changed the ecu software. With the cables you
have and the free software from the guzzidiag site and tunerpro also free you can
download the ecu.bin file from your ECU turn off the immobilizer and then flash that
new bin to your ecu. All of this information has been covered in the Hypermotard
section multiple times. Your in luck that you are dealing with an 08 that ECU is
very easy to work with.

If you have the original dash and key you do not need to turn off the immobilizer
the ignition will read the code from the key the ecu will check the code from the
key if it matches the one in the dash the bike will start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts