Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me the factory adjustment settings for compression and rebound on the forks and shock, as well as the OEM eye-eye length of the swingarm link?

I was in the garage looking for bolts and screws to turn and remembered the front end felt a little off when I hit a particular bump on the way in to work today (second time I've had the bike out, mind you).
Checked the compression adjustment on the forks and they were backed ALL the way out. So I checked rebound, then the shock, and yep they're all entirely backed off.
The previous owner had complained of the bike being too tall and seemed like the kind of guy that knows just enough to screw things up... I think he had the sadly common misconception that softening the suspension would lower ride height.

I ran all the screws through their range of adjustment and left the forks a half turn in from soft and the shock at one click... I don't like anything being at its absolute upper or lower limit... obviously this isn't proper, and I'd like to set the suspension to the factory settings until I have time to dial it in to my weight and riding style.

Google search is turning up nothing but threads on changing fluid weights and levels, spring rates, etc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen that thread. Haven't downloaded because... WTF? I have dozens of SM's for Suzuki's, Honda, Yami, Kawi, etc. and they're all PDF's of a few KB. That Ducati one is a big folder with a .exe in it.
I do realize that the link is hosted on a member's dropbox and has been viewed and downloaded untold numbers of times and if there was an issue someone likely would have said something by now. BUT, the fact that it's so different than literally every other SM I've seen and have, makes me a bit apprehensive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm on Mac so the .exe inherently can't run, but I downloaded and you just open the main.html file in any browser and you have an interactive manual. I was very confused and apprehensive at first as well but it has worked great.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm on Mac so the .exe inherently can't run, but I downloaded and you just open the main.html file in any browser and you have an interactive manual. I was very confused and apprehensive at first as well but it has worked great.
Well that's helpful. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts