Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
folks - buying a pre-owned 2007 ducati s4rs; i was told in the inspection that the gas tank is little swollen; and it is a problem with the Monsters; is this something that i need to worry about? is it safe? motorcycle is not under warranty? thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
60 Posts
folks - buying a pre-owned 2007 ducati s4rs; i was told in the inspection that the gas tank is little swollen; and it is a problem with the Monsters; is this something that i need to worry about? is it safe? motorcycle is not under warranty? thoughts are appreciated.
when ducati went with the from steel to plastic tanks they had no idea what they were doing.

so it's a problem b/c a replacement tank cost $1900 and there are no after-market options, besides a carbon tank (which nobody seems to speak highly of despite the $2500 price tag)

you are right, the 2 year warranty is up, however, there is a 5 year (i think it's 5 years) warranty on emissions. strangely enough, that is how i am getting mine replaced free of charge. pretty cool!

i just saw a red tank go for 256 on ebay (i was going to get it as a back up but didn't want to pay more than 250 and was out-bid). i bet that it's going to be a rare sale though.

so a used s4rs is worth 7-9k and you'll want to take off for the cost of a replacement tank -- or have the seller take care of it before you buy. it's not dangerous, it's just going to make the paint fail. i assume that would bother you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts