Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
After many months of not riding my Monster, I have been able to get back on her. I have noticed that when I downshift, it is not as precise as is upshifting. I would assume that the linkage wears at the swivel connections because of the many years of use, but is this normal? Is there a Ducati part that I can purchase to rebuild the linkage or an aftermarket kit available? Or is is just a simple adjustment. One important point, I have Rizoma rear sets on the bike with the stock shift linkage.
Thx,
Mark

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Those little spherical rod joints is where my bikes shift linkage gets play. A tiny bit at the joint is a lot of movement at the end of the shift lever. If I remember correctly you will have to buy both left and right hand thread, metric of course. I found a link on eBay when I was looking for them. They are also called Heim joints. They are very inexpensive if you buy them from someone other than Ducati. Of course, excessive clearance in the shifter pivot can also cause play. If that is the problem you may be able to slide some shim stock in there to tighten it up.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Left and right joints are around $20 each from Ducati.

Where can I find after market heim joints, that are the correct thread and so on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts