Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd keep this bike forever, but it's time to make some space, and the '06 SC1000 is competing for ride time, and the MTS is my tourer now, so out goes the GT.
I'm the second owner, and picked up the bike with 754 miles. Located in Columbus, OH. Current on maintenance (and have complete history), oil change about 1,000 miles ago, tires (Sport Road 2) in good shape. Napolean mirrors added (stock mirrors included). Oxford heated grips installed earlier this year. Soft bags included. Will also include quick-release National Cycle windshield. The windshield is scratched from a low-side on a previous bike, NOT on the GT1000. Also has GTRossi tourer hugger and Ikon rear shocks. For the asking price, selling otherwise stock. However, bike currently has Corbin seat with back rest (much better for pillion) and 5-spoke Marchesini wheels added, can include both for an extra $1000 asking. The wheels alone are worth almost this much, and make an incredible difference in the handling, and allow you to run w/o tubes. Would prefer to sell as package. If sold with Corbin and Marchesini wheels, will include stockers with sale.
Have both black keys, and red key, and key card. Valves last checked at 22,500 miles. Title clean and clear.
Ventura rack shown not included with bike.

Bike has no issues running, but it is a little rough to start cold. Typically will need to hold the throttle to idle around 1200 rpm for about 30 seconds when cold. Had throttle bodies cleaned and new stepper motor installed earlier this year to address, but didn't quite solve issue, although it does run smoother now when cold. No problems starting warm.
This is a great bike. I've ridden it to Deal's Gap and Lake Placid and all through Southeastern Ohio. It's been a great bike to own, and still gets comments.
Argh, damn iphone pics. I'll move everthing right-side up in the morning.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
If no one bites on the whole package after X-amount of time, I'd be interested in the seat and Marchesini wheels.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump to note that hard starting issue has been resolved, and that mileage is actually about 26.5k, as reflected in the picture on the op.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I'd like to get this out of here by winter...so, dropping price to $7,000 with everything included. C'mon, it's a steal for a GT set up really well and in great shape.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Couple of questions...how did you resolve the cold idle issue? When were the valves and belts last done? Tank status?
Thanks,
SJ

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Couple of questions...how did you resolve the cold idle issue? When were the valves and belts last done? Tank status?
Thanks,
SJ
Valves were checked last year at 22,500 miles, belts prior year at 15,000 miles. Idle issue was resolved by adjusting air bleed screws. Tank was replaced last year, new brackets mounted this year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts