Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reluctantly selling my 1098 Tri, vin ZDM1XBEW47B005696 with only 1,315 miles. This is a superb street bike and has the nicest transmission of any bike I have ridden in my 40yrs of riding. It’s a torquey, fun bike to ride and it never seems like you’re going that fast, until you happen to look at the digital speedo. The suspension is a bit too stiff for me and I actually like riding my “catcher’s mitt” 916 better, probably because it’s slower, by a lot. Allegedly, there are only 100 of these in the country – who knows – but I always did wonder two things: why Ducati never numbered them, which is a bit out of character for them, and why they didn’t use the correct green. The wheels are its best feature though – they make the bike and the brakes will suck your eyeballs out of their sockets.

I have too many bikes and too much to take care of so, as a result I only ride a couple of them. It was nice having this bike – always reliable, sticks well and of course it’s never been down. Tires are still pretty good and the suspension needs a little fiddling by someone who knows what they are doing. Needs an oil change from the beg of last yr and probably a brake/clutch bleed. I will consider doing it if I get my price, which I feel is more than competitive these days.

Please don’t ask for more pics, the other side looks exactly the same, the bike is perfect, if a little dirty.

$13,500

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1098 service records etc

BTW, I have the manuals of course and the service records from the 600 mi "sunshine" tune that the dealer gave it which didn't even include a friggin brake bleed for $200, which I summarily did myself of course.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Somebody talked me into it...

Since I'm really a nice guy deep, down inside, here are some more pics that I made someone beg me for.

I thought I did a pretty good job of hiding the bald tires, the worn through radial brake pads, all the non-standard holes I've drilled in the engine casings and bodywork and the extensive body damage from numerous high speed get offs, all of which I managed to survive with nary a scratch. I am just lucky, I guess. Pity the poor guy who buys this pile of crap.....

Oh, the forks are bent as are the beautiful gold forged wheels and it needs a new chain. I like to ride it without oil either. Never had a problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
you missed that big ugly crack in the frame.. Silly putty and some model paint would have covered that up for ya!

Beautiful bike Cas.....

Since I'm really a nice guy deep, down inside, here are some more pics that I made someone beg me for.

I thought I did a pretty good job of hiding the bald tires, the worn through radial brake pads, all the non-standard holes I've drilled in the engine casings and bodywork and the extensive body damage from numerous high speed get offs, all of which I managed to survive with nary a scratch. I am just lucky, I guess. Pity the poor guy who buys this pile of crap.....

Oh, the forks are bent as are the beautiful gold forged wheels and it needs a new chain. I like to ride it without oil either. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you missed that big ugly crack in the frame.. Silly putty and some model paint would have covered that up for ya!

Beautiful bike Cas.....
I know, I was hoping you didn't see that. It only affects left turns though, so it's not a big deal.

I guess with my "tongue in cheek" humor here, I am poking fun at all the guys who have to have albums of photos before they buy. In all fairness, with all the crappy bikes out there and the wacky things people can't resist doing to them, it's really no wonder. My comments when I see this stuff going into a restoration is that it is "always amazing, but never surprising".

Still, not many realize that EVERY bike looks good in a photo.

Thanks for chiming....
Rob

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sold!

Sold!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.