Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one or know anything about them? My cousin just picked up one of the "limited edition" (1 of 150) Parts Unlimited bikes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I picked up a used one last Dec. Mechanically, it's the same as the '05 & '06 999s. Do you have specific questions?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is yours numbered? Was the numbering done by Ducati on the frame or were the bikes numbered when they were signed?

·
Registered
57 Posts
It doesn't have a number plate on the triple clamp like some of the 999r's had. I haven't seen any special numbering on the frame. Let me know if your cousin finds anything on his bike.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Anyone have one or know anything about them? My cousin just picked up one of the "limited edition" (1 of 150) Parts Unlimited bikes.
I owned one. A dead stock 999S with the PARTS UNLIMITED paint scheme, decals and Team rider signature on the tail section. No mechanical mods whatsoever. Dave

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hey guys I finally got signed up for the forum, vwbuge is my cousin and I appreciate his post. I am just trying to learn more about the bike. It was purchased from the dealer with some light track damage and no tail section. The last numbers of the VIN are 043...does this mean anything? Thanks for any help....

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
#43 of 150. This is the last official run of the 999 (somewhat akin to a FE I guess). Everyone so far is correct in that it is a 999S with new clothes. The original tail sections were signed by Ben Bostrom and Neil Hodgson (the Team USA Ducati riders at the time). Can always order a new one and head to an AMA/DMG event to get signed if you're interested in getting it back to factory condition.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
There are 6 grouping to a US VIN number. Example: ZDM 1UB5T * X B 000000 the last group of 00000 is the progressive serial number. So 043 would likely mean its 043 of 150 if 150 made total is correct for the US. What is in the spot where the "*" is. That spot is called the variant and that may be a special code for a limited bike. BTW ZDM will always be there, 1UB5T is the code for a 999, the x is the year, so you should have a 6 or 7 in that spot, the "B" is facility, likey it will be a B since they are all made in one factory.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey guys I finally got signed up for the forum, vwbuge is my cousin and I appreciate his post. I am just trying to learn more about the bike. It was purchased from the dealer with some light track damage and no tail section. The last numbers of the VIN are 043...does this mean anything? Thanks for any help....
Are you sure the tail section was damaged in the crash? ;) The frame and the autographed tail section are the "money parts". The rest of the bike are standard 999S parts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There are 6 grouping to a US VIN number. Example: ZDM 1UB5T * X B 000000 the last group of 00000 is the progressive serial number. So 043 would likely mean its 043 of 150 if 150 made total is correct for the US. What is in the spot where the "*" is. That spot is called the variant and that may be a special code for a limited bike. BTW ZDM will always be there, 1UB5T is the code for a 999, the x is the year, so you should have a 6 or 7 in that spot, the "B" is facility, likey it will be a B since they are all made in one factory.
Welcome, Perilo! Good info, DMCTRUBY, except the '07 Team USA's seem to have 1UB5V instead of 1UB5T in the VIN.

Also, having 043 as the last 3 digits of the VIN doesn't necessarily mean # 043 of 150 made. Mine is 154, and I did a quick google search using "2007 Ducati 999s VIN", and there are 2 Team USA's for sale with VIN's of 171 & 196. I checked the VIN's using the VIN decoder http://www.motoverse.com/tools/vin/ducati.asp and they appear to be good 2007 VIN's.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Thanks for the correction, my info came from the ducati shop manual covering 999, 999s and r but only up to year 2005.

Welcome, Perilo! Good info, DMCTRUBY, except the '07 Team USA's seem to have 1UB5V instead of 1UB5T in the VIN.

Also, having 043 as the last 3 digits of the VIN doesn't necessarily mean # 043 of 150 made. Mine is 154, and I did a quick google search using "2007 Ducati 999s VIN", and there are 2 Team USA's for sale with VIN's of 171 & 196. I checked the VIN's using the VIN decoder http://www.motoverse.com/tools/vin/ducati.asp and they appear to be good 2007 VIN's.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thank you very much for this detailed information...the certificate of origin shows the bike as an 2007 999s team usa...the 1UB5T is actually 1UB5V and the * is a 2 and the X is a 7...this is making more sense now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts