Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I recently became an owner of a 2007 800SS. It is in great mechanical shape but the previous owner had knocked it over in storage. The damage was being a bent clutch lever, cracked windscreen, a damaged headlight and side panel fairing; a few minor scratches but the main problem being a bunch of tabs snapped. I have been scouring the internet for parts and considering my options. What I have found is that is is nearly impossible to find any parts whatsoever for the 2007 model 800SS. From what I have read the 2007 model was an odd one out of the bunch. The 800SS was only in production from 2003-2007 but the compatibility of parts seems to be nonexistent on deal websites, most of which don't even list the 2007 800SS. What model years, if any, are compatible with the 2007 (900SS/1000SS 98-06? 800SS 03-06?)?
Also, any part websites or dealers you think I might of missed or over looked would be very appreciated. I feel pretty confident I hammered most of them already but have only been able to find a few replacements for even the levers (I was quite baffled at how little of a selection I found). I can always order OEM but the parts dealers want both your arms and a leg, "48110191AA - COWLING, RH RED Regular price $405.53." For this price I found a 5 piece fairing set on eBay with everything I need. It is a fiberglass material with a white gel coat finish which I would have to drilling and paint but I mean shit... sounds better than dropping a $800-2000 on OEM replacements. I am almost certain I am going to end up repairing the fairings myself anyways, reinforcing the tabs etc. but connects for parts is always good to have.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hello!
I recently became an owner of a 2007 800SS. What I have found is that is is nearly impossible to find any parts whatsoever for the 2007 model 800SS. From what I have read the 2007 model was an odd one out of the bunch. The 800SS was only in production from 2003-2007 but the compatibility of parts seems to be nonexistent on deal websites, most of which don't even list the 2007 800SS. What model years, if any, are compatible with the 2007 (900SS/1000SS 98-06? 800SS 03-06?)? Thank you for your time.
As far as I know, all of the above.

Check eBay. I find most of my parts there, but I'm dealing with a 1993. Ducati Omaha has OEM parts online. Download a parts fische for the 800SS...you'll find most of the parts for the other Super Sports of that era all fit.

Same goes for bodywork. Check eBay. Scour it really. Sometimes you'll find parts listed as something else entirely. I know I've recently seen some pretty cherry newer Super Sport bodywork for sale on there.

Lastly, I'd get a manual. Clymer for me has been the most useful. You'll find that Super Sport ie parts are mostly interchangeable. Some from the carby models will work too. Find out for yourself what will work. You'll be surprised....sean

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
so you bought the one they made in 2007? :grin2:

anything 800ssie will be the same, most general bits from all other 98> ssie also.

this site lists 2007 800ss usa

Ducati Spare Parts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty much the conclusions I came to. I will continue down the rabbit hole that is eBay and check out that Ducati Spare parts link in the mean time. Thanks for your time and info!

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
merely on comment on the fact that by 2007 it was a dead model that we couldn't give away. not sure how many 800ss they made in 07 (only ss produced for 07), but it couldn't have been many.

maybe they were just using up all the 8mm valve stem 800 heads they had left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts