Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add a bike to the stable, looking at a used 2007 1100S with lows miles not to hard to find. Just wondering what to look for and if anyone has own this bike what are the pro's and con's. Hoping to find one in white!!

Thanks

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
Do a search my friend, I loved mine more than most. Having said that, good luck replacing the seat :)

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike must be to old to talk about..................Well 2007 or 08 is the one I'll be shopping for per my duc wrench.

·
Registered
392 Posts
do some reading on multistrada.net

I had an 09 1100s, loved it, but sold it due to fear of the unknown. As oalvarez said do some research. It was a great bike except for one thing.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Purchased a 09 1100s a few months back in white and absolutely love the bike. I only have one fear about it and that's the fuel tank swelling issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just sold my 2004, for the 1200 s. it is truly a great bike, but make sure you go 2007 or later the earlier DS motors had valve guide issues.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Wonderful machines...have the tank looked at and get it coated to prevent swelling...can change the seat at that time if so desired. Not many other issues I can think of other than a continual search for an ideal windscreen setup (personal issue for many). Motor is a beauty and most of the problems with the MTS1000 have been sorted.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought an '08 in March of this year and have put a few thousand miles on it. I bought it in addition to the 848 because I wanted something comfortable for longer rides, able to carry some luggage and take my wife for a ride once in a while.

So far, I love it! It handles awesome, motor is fantastic, super comfortable (compared to a sportbike), decent luggage capacity . . . I really enjoy it as a good "all-arounder". It had a Corbin seat on it when i bought it which sucked. I bought the DP "comfort" seat and it sucks less!

For what it's worth . . . I don't think you'll regret it. I don't!

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
Looking to add a bike to the stable, looking at a used 2007 1100S with lows miles not to hard to find. Just wondering what to look for and if anyone has own this bike what are the pro's and con's. Hoping to find one in white!!

Thanks
2009 was the only year made in white. I traded in my red 2008 on a white 1200, and I still kinda miss the air cooled bike. It was without a doubt the second most fun bike I'd owned in many years (the 1200 now being the most fun bike).:)

Now would be a good time to pick up a classic multi. Prices are still low because of the newer bike, and the tank issues, but I think they may eventually rebound some as the older bikes become harder to find. They are fine machines.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad all you guys got up from your naps. And Thank You for all your input!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
What should one look for when buying a multi regarding the tank?

Is there a point of reference where a swelled tank exceeds?

Thanks!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have an 07 MS and really love it. Very reliable and fun to ride. Mine has a Sargent seat. Has almost 20k mi on it

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tanks

White is Top on the list but take Red. Friend is buying a 2013 MTS to replace his totaled BMW 1200st. Comfort and still having a bike to have some fun on.

Tanks have come up many times..Will keep my eyes on that issue.

p.s. Winter sucks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Love my 2007 MS 1100s... No problems to date. Had the tank checked out at the local dealer with no issues. Just completed my 7500mi service - belts / valves / plugs. Runs great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts