Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am debating purchasing this and getting a new frame for it? I have not owned this series of superbike before so if anyone has any info please let me know.

Ducati 1098S TRACK PROJECT TRADE

Thanks,
David

·
Bon Vivant
10,919 Posts
looks like a pretty good deal to me if you can reassemble it.

Are you debating a new frame so you can re-title it? I think that could be a hassle at the very least.

I think I'd find out why he hasn't put it back together - should take about 8 hours at the most.

After you factor in the time and all of the parts needed it may be cheaper and easier to just buy a good 1098s???

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like a pretty good deal to me if you can reassemble it.

Are you debating a new frame so you can re-title it? I think that could be a hassle at the very least.

I think I'd find out why he hasn't put it back together - should take about 8 hours at the most.

After you factor in the time and all of the parts needed it may be cheaper and easier to just buy a good 1098s???
I don't mind swapping frames. Thats the least of my worries.
I asked the owner and he seems to have collected on the insurance money and wants something else to play with.

I have more time than I do money at the moment.

·
Bon Vivant
10,919 Posts
I don't mind swapping frames. Thats the least of my worries.
I asked the owner and he seems to have collected on the insurance money and wants something else to play with.

I have more time than I do money at the moment.
but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the frame - so why would you swap?

I guess I'm just worried that the parts needed to finish the bike would add up to close to what it would cost to buy an undamaged bike.

·
Registered
218 Posts
finding and buying a titled frame is quite expensive in this part of the world.

·
Registered
317 Posts
with that kind of title u have two options.
1. use it as a track bike and never on the street
2. buy it and part it out

Its a good deal either way.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
with that kind of title u have two options.
1. use it as a track bike and never on the street
2. buy it and part it out

Its a good deal either way.
Yeah, thats what I'm thinking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts