Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen and Ladies,

I wanted to know your opinion on which bike I should purchase. Currently I am looking at the following bikes:

1) 2006 SR2 800 with 116 miles (OTD 6,999)
2) 2007 SR2 1000 with 400 miles (OTD 10,280)

Basically I'm looking for something: that is sexy, ability to cruise, and that keep up with my friends 1125R Buell.

So let me know your thoughts. Also I'm open for other options so if you know another DUCATI that has these same qualities let me know.

Thanks,

Aldente

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think you should buy mine :) 2007 S4rs Red / White 3500 miles $12000
Get the 1100 over the 800 I think you will regret not going with the extra power in the long run ;). Just my 2cents

·
Registered
312 Posts
In the long run you will be happier with the 1000 because of the huge power band. The 800 will be higher revving compared to the 1000, so it might be uncomfortable to go very far for a sustained amount of time. The 800 is going to be lighter and more nimble by a slight margin, maybe even unnoticeable, because of the weight difference, and slightly cheaper to insure. But when you want the extra power you will have to trade in, instead of having it already. So basically go with the 1000, you will not be disappointed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
LV DUCK is right, you should buy his S4Rs......if you want to keep up with the new Rotax engined, 146hp Buell 1125R.

Because, on a track, given equal riding ability and conditions, neither the SR2 800 or 1000 are gonna come close to cuttn' it. However, most of the time, in real world riding, I don't find giving up a lot of hp to be a big deal.....in the twisty bits at least.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to know. All I'm really looking to do is joy ride with my friend. So maybe I should look into S4Rs if I won't even come close. That would be incrediable irritating.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Just remember that the Liquid cooled S4R is a lot more upkeep and $$$ than the AC desmos...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Go for the S2R my friend. You can't go wrong with that setup. Classy and tons of fun.

I'm able to keep up with the sport bikes with my S2R....passing now that's a different story. :think:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me ask you guys something does this price seem fair for a 2007 SR2:

Out the door 10,000?

What would you guys pay for a 2008 SR2 1000?

From what I hear the 2008 SR2 is not a big difference from the 2007. If the dealer in town only has a 2008 SR2 would any of you suggest that I purchase an SR4 or wait?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts