Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2006 Monster S2R Gear Shift Pedal

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  duc96cr 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

My S2R got knocked over yesterday and the gear shifter pedal took the brunt of it and broke.

I called Ducati dealer and it seems relatively expensive ($170) here in Canada for what is essentially a small piece of aluminum.

I tried to find an aftermarket alternative (ebay) but all I can find was inverted shifters. I would prefer to keep the standard shift pattern.

Does anybody know where I can get a shifter for less? I noticed the one for the 696 is significantly cheaper and readily available. The part number is not the same but the parts visually look very similar. I'm wondering if they are interchangeable?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#5 ·
See if a 2006 S4R is interchangeable... I might have one avail...
It is, in fact, interchangeable with the S4R but searching for that part didn't help. Still couldn't find one. After having spent several days scouring the web for the required part, I ended up biting the bullet, called the dealer and asked them to order the part but i will take about 8-10 days for them to get it. :(

eBay it. Plenty of Ducati breakers out there.
Tried looking on ebay but couldn't find anything. Would really appreciate it if you can point me in the right direction...

#6 ·
Set up a search for parts for your specific bike, then look at the sellers name , see if they have an online store, and also click on other items by same seller. If they have multiple parts for your bike, pm them and see if they have your shifter. A few years ago I found aftermarket folding brake and shift levers on eBay for cheap. Unfortunately I didn’t keep track of the seller, probably China. A pity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.