Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Woo Hoo! Going to fax off the deposit for our nice little Italian motorcycle trip this September! Our hotel is on the coast in Tuscany, so it will be easy access to all the hills and twisty roads throughout the province. We are flying into Milan, pick up the bikes and ride them to Florence, then head over to Castiglioncello to make that our base of operations for the following week.

Our plans include a trip to the Ducati museum, factory tour and the Ferrari museum and factory tour! And maybe a superbike race at Imola, and if we are lucky a spin around the track ourselves!

My first choice is an ST3, then a Multi 1000.

Story and pictures will of course be posted upon arrival home.

Don :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey what dates are you going? We're there on a tour w/ Edelweiss at the Dolomites Touring Center (just out of Bolzano) Sept 22 to 29. Then we have the bikes on our own for an additional week ending in Munich.

Bob

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Italy

The dates are from 23 Sept to 1 Oct. We are going with Mototouring out of Milan. I looked at the Edelweiss tour in the Dolomites, but with 5 of us going the vote went with the Tuscany tour.

It's okay with me, I can do the Dolomites next year! I will be in the Dolomites from about the 16th until the 21st of Sept. I will be hiking with some other friends.

Don

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well who knows, we may run into each other. Most of our tour portion of the trip is in the N. Italian Alps followed by a yet to be determined circuitous route to Munich.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Excellent, you'll find some great roads is Tuscany, be sure to ride 'Il passo della Futa' http://www.tornanti.it/html/futaeraticosa.htm which is a road Ducati use for test/development rides - the Multistrada was developed on that road (and named after it!) and according to Ducati nothing is faster over the Futa.

Also, while you're there there's some excellent roads around Volterra, which are worth checking out.

I visit that area of Italy regularly and used to live in Florence but it's been a few years since I've ridden a bike there, although I've been known, recently, to drive my car 'enthusiastically' over there. ;)

Geospencer - that place looks nice, lovely area and some excellent wine produced there, (my Sister lives about 25 away - which is where I stay).

I really must take the Ducati there one time but I don't think the wife & 4 kids would appreciate me going, alone, by bike - maybe I could get a trailer for the Bike and take them all .............. ;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
i rode all over the padova/vicenza/ area when i lives there... amazing......

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aviano?

gatta26 said:
Same here...Italy is awesome! I learned to ride over there. Heading toward Cortina from the Air Base was a blast.
Would that be Aviano? I have been there several times TDY, great place!

Don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts