1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
bevel450 said:
Revenues from motorcycles sales down 8.6% as compared to the same quarter last year. Nothing yet on the actual sales of models. Uh...that would be types of Ducatis. Don't want to get Roto too excited.

Hmmm... shipments down by 18% just prior to the biggest sales months of the year.... Looks like the "new plan" is being rolled out as we type. Virtually NO SuperSports shipped and MultiStrada shipments off by almost 70%. I wonder if the little MultiStradas got the axe already....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It definitely looks like the new plan is under way. It also could be that the initial demand for the MTS 620 has been filled. As a MTS 1000 owner I certainly hope it "makes the cut". All they need to do is put an attractive front-end on the bike and I'm convinced it would sell much, much better. It took me two years to get over it's looks before I could talk myself into buying one. If they would only make it as beautiful to look at as it is to ride :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Am I reading something incorrectly, or do I see a 46.3% RISE in motorcycle shipments to the North American market, versus a worldwide decrease of 18.2%? And contrast that to a 18.9% rise in North American registrations. Is the NA market not following the same low supply, high demand plan? Wonder what the explanation is for such a sharp rise in NA sales? Good promos and product placement?

Looking at the percent decline of motorcycle shipments and the percent increase in motorcycle registrations (meaning purchased and taken off dealers hands), I'd definitely say that the plan is in full swing. People are buying, but Ducati isn't supplying. Look for the supply/demand curve to swing sharply in favor of the supplier here very shortly if this kind of trend continues. I do wonder how much of the "plan" is intentional and how much is explaining what happened. In other words, is there any "we meant to do that" after the fact, but still just in time to beat the Q1 figures to investors thinking. Curious to see how the rest of the year goes...

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
bkbducst3 said:
It definitely looks like the new plan is under way. It also could be that the initial demand for the MTS 620 has been filled. As a MTS 1000 owner I certainly hope it "makes the cut". All they need to do is put an attractive front-end on the bike and I'm convinced it would sell much, much better. It took me two years to get over it's looks before I could talk myself into buying one. If they would only make it as beautiful to look at as it is to ride :)
I agree totally eventhough I don't own a Multistrada. However, from all I've heard and from the people that own them, they are an awesome bike that needs a nose job, thats all. Ducati, do you hear us?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sounds like a hypermotard to me.
John said:
I agree totally eventhough I don't own a Multistrada. However, from all I've heard and from the people that own them, they are an awesome bike that needs a nose job, thats all. Ducati, do you hear us?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like the looks of the Hyper but there's not near enough wind protection up front for my taste. I know.... I want everything :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
bkbducst3 said:
I really like the looks of the Hyper but there's not near enough wind protection up front for my taste. I know.... I want everything :)
they should take that edgy styling and apply it to some of the more conservative models, [cough St3 cough monster cough 1000ss cough]

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
bkbducst3 said:
Get the HyperMotard and start chasing ZX 14's, Hayabusa's, Blackbirds, etc. Slipstreaming these bikes will offer ample wind protection :D
RonB

Disclaimer: Professional Rider, closed circuit, do not try at home, ........

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
bevel450 said:
Nothing yet on the actual sales of models. Uh...that would be types of Ducatis. Don't want to get Roto too excited.
Models? Did someone mention models?

·
Senior Moment
1,474 Posts
If you're going to talk about lines being added and dropped.....then the Sport Classics are a moot point; they're limited production.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts