Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a bit lost here; it’s the 2006 Ducati 749 deep sump or shallow?
I’m about to order the Cat Eliminator pipe, I’m under the impression that the 06 Ducati 749 line except the Dark model they were all deep sump pump?
Please correct me I’m wrong.

Thanks

·
Registered
601 Posts
AFAIK The only deep sump 749's were the "R" models the Dark, Base, and S models are all shallow sump.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AFAIK The only deep sump 749's were the "R" models the Dark, Base, and S models are all shallow sump.
I've heard that too, but i've seen I don't remember where that the 05/06 were deep sump.
Here is some info I got it out of one of the Remus exhaust dealer.
And my oil pan hangs really low? I'm so F confused!

Ducati 749/999 Remus CF 54mm Half System
$1,250.00
Remus Carbon Fiber half system (54mm) for 749/749s and 999/999s Superbikes standard sump (2003-2004) and deep sump (2005-2006) This picture is of the same system just in Titanium. This kit includes:

Carbon Strada Muffler (includes plate and blinker mount)
Standard or Deep Sump Cat eliminator Pipe
Specify your subframe type (mono or biposto)
Specify your year (which also determines sump type)
This Remus CF exhaust system is for mono or bi-posto superbikes, just specify the bikes year and wether you have a mono or biposto subframe during the checkout process.

Regards

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hold on there cowboy (yeah...too many Progressive commercials tonight). Does the bottom of your motor look like this?
Chuckracer Thnx

Now it should be easy enough to spot it. And no I don't think my oil pan hangs that low, I'll check it out later today.

Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts