Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a 2006 with very low miles. The only differences I am aware of are the monoposto shock, one-sided pipes, and the dry clutch, all of which I like better. Were very many bugs worked out between 06 and 2010? Is 06 particularly problematic compared to other years? What other differences are there?

Thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
2006 swingarm is a masterpiece. great choice. now go buy a zard. keep your bike forever, its aesthetic beauty is unmatched. good luck.

·
Registered
245 Posts
With the mono seat comes cooler (in my opinion) rear sets. And no passenger footpegs. The mono is just has a lot cleaner lines overall (of course, again in my opinion)

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Everyone knows the 2006s are faster.

Especially the yellow ones.

:p

·
Registered
41 Posts
I haven't heard of any defects that aren't shared by all the other model years *cough* tank spreading *cough* so you should be good to go. I agree that aesthetically, the mono Sport 1000 is pretty hard to beat.

If you're buying from one of the shops in the city (Subterranean, Moto Java, etc.) I'd just ask them what their rates are. Otherwise, Credit Unions usually give better rates than banks for financing used motorcycles.

·
Registered
181 Posts
why did ducati not continue the swingarm after 2006? many people who do not know the line very well have asked if that is a custom part. One of the main reasons i am switching the termi that came with my new 06, is the fact that the zard does not obstruct the swing arm. i assume in 07 the bi post needed a stronger swingarm?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
blah blah

I cannot pass this bike up. Really low miles (just past first service), and great price (7k?!). Im meeting up tomorrow. I guess Ill be here more often. Or hopefully not. Gonna try to arrange to garage the bike as often as I can, but no grantee. I dunno, anything I should know?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
The other difference is the mono Sport has lower clip-ons, and is considered even less comfortable than the not terribly comfortable later Sports.

Basically, it is the least practical, and most beautiful. Many would consider that to make it: the most Ducati.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I like that... least practical, most beautiful. Good one Majorsoftie

Lavaspit - Decent price for that 06, not a great price. Im assuming the bike is stock? I picked my 06 just last week for a bit over that with only 700 miles, termi full system, ecu, clutch plate, tank bag from ducati, flipped tail section, rizoma lil jewelry.
Enjoy your new ride... my opinion one of the most beautiful motorcycles ever.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The other difference is the mono Sport has lower clip-ons, and is considered even less comfortable than the not terribly comfortable later Sports.

Basically, it is the least practical, and most beautiful. Many would consider that to make it: the most Ducati.

I hate riding two up, so the monoposto is a good excuse to ride solo. As far as comfort, if you ride it proper (with your belly on the tank and your arms relaxed), the Sport is very comfortable. You can also get adjustable bar risers.

Make sure the hose clamp on the fuel pump has been replaced under warranty, lest you get stranded out in the boonies.

Then, of course, you'll need to put on Ohlins or Showas, alloy wheels, and better tires so it will handle properly and replace the twin bassoon exhaust with Termis or Zards.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Comfort is all relative... that being said the Sport Classic is rough. It is my opinion that the sport classic with risers is reserved for over 40 crowd. over 30 crowd?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Absolutely:D
Did you ceramic coat that exhaust yourself? I mean did you have it done, or did you purchase the black system already coated? Gathering info as i am interested in goin black with the zard this time. Your bike looks ill.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts