Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2006 999s brembo pr18 brake laster rebuild

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  davy.j 
#1 · (Edited)
I need some advice on rebuilding my brembo pr18 master pump.

Reason: mushy lever, resulting in fading after 15 minutes on track with no brake performance left.
Why: bleeding the system does not improve the situation, nor does new oil. I have bled from bottom and top, and with a professional vacuum system.

So, I see two areas of interest here:
1: seal of master pump piston itself.
2: the rubber seal between the reservoir and the pump.
3: caliper seals

I want to focus at nr 1 and 2, as kits are readily available for calipers...

As the system is 'not rebuildable' I wondered if nobody has done this before? There must be some aftermarket seals available?

What to look for (partsnumbers etc)

Thanks in advance!

JENS

See less See more
#3 ·
So I contacted gothamcycles, but they only mentioned the dust seal, not the 'pressure' seals.

I will open the pump, and see what kind of seals are required... maybe the 18mm cupseals of the full radial pump would work...keep you all posted...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI CAN-L01 met Tapatalk

#5 ·
Jens,
This is the kit I purchased for the repair. Last time I used the brakes I was 220kph and my fuel tank was on fire, I can say with conviction it fixed it pretty good.

As the kit is made by Brembo I would bet one exists for your model, I would send the picture and ask them as my kit was a stocked item.

Let us know how you get on.

Attachments

#7 ·
I need some advice on rebuilding my brembo pr18 master pump.

Reason: mushy lever, resulting in fading after 15 minutes on track with no brake performance left.
Why: bleeding the system does not improve the situation, nor does new oil. I have bled from bottom and top, and with a professional vacuum system.
maybe try this method; if no luck look for debris on the piston cup seals?
if you find a internal kit let us know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.