Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ducati 749 superbike looking for a new home

22900 km

This bike is in mint shape! Mechanically and cosmetically perfect shape.
My bike has been meticulously maintained.

New tires pirelli rosso II with 800 km

After market exhaust.

Main other little extras

7000 cad or 5250 usd

Located in Toronto, ON

Attachments

·
Semi retired duc fan
106 Posts
What would be the logistics of getting this to the U.S.?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually easier then anticipated. I brought from USA to Canada and it was easy. Document are the key. Receipt, vehicle info package. All the info is online.

·
Semi retired duc fan
106 Posts
Ok.....do you have service records? When where the belts and valves done last? All the keys? Any other info about it?

·
Matt
678 Posts
Actually easier then anticipated. I brought from USA to Canada and it was easy. Document are the key. Receipt, vehicle info package. All the info is online.
It is easy indeed...especially if this bike was originally sold in the US.

If you trailer it across the border yourself you can find the forms online with US Customs and Border Patrol. I did this and once you get to the border you tell them that you want to import a bike and they have you pull aside. I went in the office and amazingly they were very helpful. And to my surprise they didn't want any of the paperwork I filled out. I handed them the title and bill of sale. It took about 30 mins for them to type everything in and inspect the bike to confirm the VIN and the US emissions/EMA sticker and I was on my way. They provide import paperwork that you take to your local DMV, along with the title, and then you get a new title just like any other transaction.

If you aren't the one bringing it across the border there are many transport companies that will do this for you.

It gets more difficult if the bike wasn't originally sold in the US and doesn't have a US emissions/EPA sticker on the frame (unless the bike is older than 25 years).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is easy indeed...especially if this bike was originally sold in the US.

If you trailer it across the border yourself you can find the forms online with US Customs and Border Patrol. I did this and once you get to the border you tell them that you want to import a bike and they have you pull aside. I went in the office and amazingly they were very helpful. And to my surprise they didn't want any of the paperwork I filled out. I handed them the title and bill of sale. It took about 30 mins for them to type everything in and inspect the bike to confirm the VIN and the US emissions/EMA sticker and I was on my way. They provide import paperwork that you take to your local DMV, along with the title, and then you get a new title just like any other transaction.

If you aren't the one bringing it across the border there are many transport companies that will do this for you.

It gets more difficult if the bike wasn't originally sold in the US and doesn't have a US emissions/EPA sticker on the frame (unless the bike is older than 25 years).
My apologies
This bike was originally purchased in Canada. I was referring to a previous ducati I brought into Canada. Thumbs were working faster then my brain. Usually it is the other way. Lol
I have been in touch with ducati north America and am talking to them about a clearance letter. The person I talked with had to check with the person who writes the letters, who has been on vacation for the past couple days.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
An update
I have been in contact with Ducati North America and have now received a clearance letter from them.
This will be provided with the bike, both black keys, red key, code card and ownership

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Compliance letter not clearance.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
An update as of today.
I have now received a clearance letter for her.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spring bike Supershow bump

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.