Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’m looking to buy my first Ducati and am after a 2006 1000SS. I am trying to find out whether the they sold the 2006 model with the red frame and black wheels in Australia, or was it a US spec bike only? Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
they did come to australia. they're pretty rare, because it was a hard sell at that point, and people like them more than the earlier grey ones, so they're harder to find s/h.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
1000 SS’ are hard to come by in the USA . If I was wanting one here I’d be taking what I could find. Condition of a 13 year old bike being much more important than frame color.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
1000 SS’ are hard to come by in the USA . If I was wanting one here I’d be taking what I could find. Condition of a 13 year old bike being much more important than frame color.
Interesting and good to know. I had no idea this SS model was so "rare" or hard to come by.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Interesting and good to know. I had no idea this SS model was so "rare" or hard to come by.
I had the keys to a brand new 2006 1000SS in my hand in 2007, and I just couldn't bring myself to drop the cash on it. It was WAY below MSRP too... What got me was the predicted insurance, since I was in my early 20s. Should have bought it, though honestly I probably would have crashed it.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
..........What got me was the predicted insurance, since I was in my early 20s. Should have bought it, though honestly I probably would have crashed it.
I'm 62 and when I went to insure my '04 my insurance agent said "You'll put your eye out with that thing!" Didn't stop me from keeping it. 0:)

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've got two of them.

Don't ask :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm 62 and when I went to insure my '04 my insurance agent said "You'll put your eye out with that thing!" Didn't stop me from keeping it. 0:)
Yeah, I do wish I'd bought it, but I was in school and I think the insurance quote was nearly $1100/month (I'd only had my motorcycle endorsement for a year)! I remember doing some quick math and the coverage was going to cost more than double the price of the bike in a single year... The bike was tagged at about $6k, and I bet I could have gotten in for less. I actually have a similar experience with a Sport 1000S around 2009 that pains me even worse.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just got this one , 06 Australian delivered.on paperthey don't look like much of a goer but second gear will wheelstand with no clutch and they ride so comfy.sold my evo for this and so happy. If you can find a 1000 grab them !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts