Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for information on installing an Acumen DG8 Gear Indicator on a 2005 ST4S abs. After doing multiple searches I have not come up with any definitive answers about the install. Can anybody tell me where they tapped into the signal for the tach and the speedo. Also which wires they tapped into, and do these gear indicators work with the can-bus system or do they interfere with it.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
My search returned installation and set up instructions, and several YouTube videos.

Joe

Edit to add: I bought one offered on eBay from PZ Racing that is simply plugged-in between the speedo sensor on the rear wheel and the speedometer. I also added a speedo calibrator in the same line and now have accurate speedo reading and a gear indicator. I will say that the PZ Racing gear indicator needs to be sealed from rain else it malfunctions until dry.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Hm, not for ABS? I'm not sure how ABS would matter with a gear indicator or the calibrator. But the pickup is on the brake side so there must be a difference to some mounting.

Joe

Edit to add: something with the ECU perhaps. The application chart states for use with ABS unless otherwise noted ... and it's noted not for ST4 with ABS. Not having an ABS bike I never even noticed.

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s
404 Posts
I would think you could get along fine without the gadget .... just use tach .... won't take long and you will know which gear you are in ...
Craig

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s
404 Posts
For speedo I just glance at bargain basement GPS .... and then try and slow down ...
Craig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts