Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How essential are the front fairings on a 2005 st4 for cooling? I've got one side wrecked and can't find a set to replace it. Would I hinder/overheat the bike if I just stripped them off? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I would have thought they would have made cooling better. Is the bike the old shape?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
If it is the lower sections they are the same across both types

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't think the fairings make much - if any - difference to cooling. The coolant radiator is at the front of the engine and in airflow behind the front mudguard. Quite a few have converted to naked bike style and I haven't heard of any problems.
Try it, and keep an eye on the temp gauge...
A few other things come to mind though; a police officer might take a dim view of newly exposed parts and it might not conform to structure and use legislation where you live. Also my insurance company requires me to confirm that my bike is standard and unmodified; it might be worth checking yours.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The S4R naked uses the same motor setup. There will be no issue with cooling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think the fairings make much - if any - difference to cooling. The coolant radiator is at the front of the engine and in airflow behind the front mudguard. Quite a few have converted to naked bike style and I haven't heard of any problems.
Try it, and keep an eye on the temp gauge...
A few other things come to mind though; a police officer might take a dim view of newly exposed parts and it might not conform to structure and use legislation where you live. Also my insurance company requires me to confirm that my bike is standard and unmodified; it might be worth checking yours.
Thanks! Ive had a naked bike here before so i don't think itll be too much of an issue but I really appreciate the thinking!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts