Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, yes yes... I know it can be found if I ran a search for it. I know... So spare me the details on how to do that. To be honest, internet is dial-up and do not want to wait the 65.3 days for the search to be completed.

So, any of you helpfull types want to point me in the right direction please? Just bought a new rear tire for my S4R and need to take off the wheel so I can have new one mounted.

Any help is appreciated.

Rick

·
Registered
698 Posts
1) Put bike on rear-stand
2) Remove retaining clip
3) Grab impact gun and untorque away (172ft lb is a lot to handle with a wrench alone)
4) Remove big ass nut
5) Remove wheel

I won't go into details on how to mount the tire as I pressume you will be taking that to your local shop.

To install wheel, reverse steps 1 to 5.

Make sure the wheel matches the pins on the swing arm when re-installing.

·
Registered
759 Posts
1) Put bike on rear-stand
2) Remove retaining clip
3) Grab impact gun and untorque away (172ft lb is a lot to handle with a wrench alone)
4) Remove big ass nut
5) Remove wheel

I won't go into details on how to mount the tire as I pressume you will be taking that to your local shop.

To install wheel, reverse steps 1 to 5.

Make sure the wheel matches the pins on the swing arm when re-installing.
You forgot step 4a for those with Arrow full systems. Remove silencers. Yes, really. Was not happy when I found that out after 10 mins of cussing at my rear wheel trying to squeeze it through in my 110 degree garage.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
On the S2R1000 which is very similar I think, even the stock mufflers are in the way when removing the rear wheel. Yep, PITA.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the S2R1000 which is very similar I think, even the stock mufflers are in the way when removing the rear wheel. Yep, PITA.
Hey, don't have that problem!!! Thanks for the responses! I really do appreciate it.

Rick

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts