Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a situation where the dash of my son's 620 Monster was soaked in heavy rain. First up, the speedo stopped working, now we have 2 flashes on the IMMO light then it stays solid.
I have all the correct cables & software from previous upgrades to my MTS 1000DS but for the life of me, I cannnot find where to delete the IMMO in the hex editor.
He has open pipes on the M620 & we aim to open up the air box. I have uploaded the DP 620 2005 firmware & the correct (I believe) xdf file.

Can anyone here help out?

He has just spent a wad on new tyres, chain & sprockets but it just won't fire. Perfect bike before this episode.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Attached is a 620 Bin with the immo deleted, for comparison.
Thanks for the quick response Woodsman.
The bin you posted is a bit too small in size for me with my limited hex editing skills to compare to the full sized bin.
I am uploading the DP 620 bin to the bike now in the off chance it has the IMMO already deleted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No luck.
I still get 2 flashes then a solid IMMO light.
I did manage to get the EEPROM file saved as I was connected.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for the quick response Woodsman.
The bin you posted is a bit too small in size for me with my limited hex editing skills to compare to the full sized bin.
I am uploading the DP 620 bin to the bike now in the off chance it has the IMMO already deleted.
Can you load the bin I sent to the ecu?

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
11,039 Posts
I'll take a look at yours and see if I have a suitable xdf to turn off the immo for you.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
11,039 Posts
Try this file.

And finding the address of the immo bit in hex is a fools errand. You have to have the right kind of reverse engineering software that's compatible with the ECU microprocessor or something factory sanctioned. There are a few out there, but the expense is prohibitive. None of the freebies work. I've tried.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try this file.

And finding the address of the immo bit in hex is a fools errand. You have to have the right kind of reverse engineering software that's compatible with the ECU microprocessor or something factory sanctioned. There are a few out there, but the expense is prohibitive. None of the freebies work. I've tried.
Uploading it now.

And I agree. I couldn't look at the hex files anymore.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is what the Internet was created for!

Yorik, in my book you are a legend. 4 long weeks in prime riding season this bike has been an ornament.
Thanks to your help we are up & running.
If you ever find yourself in this part of the globe, the beers are on me.

Thank you my Ducati friend.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
there's two variations of the visually similar ecu - 59m and 5am. three variations of ecu "hardware" - 59m 010, 5am 103 and 5am 610. many, many variations of software, where shit is moved here or there, often only a few bytes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts