Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2005 Ducati Monster S2R 800 with 9,000 miles on it. This is what the listing says:

"2005 Ducati S2R Monster 800 Showroom condition. Custom made exhaust by Marving. Performance ECU remapped to new exhaust. Custom tail, bar-end mirrors. Brand new rear tire. Just had 12K mile service -- EARLY. ONLY 9K miles. New belts, tune up. Synthetic oil only. Not a scratch on this bike. NO tire kickers. This is a serious bike for real bikers. I will deliver to you if necessary -- or just ride it home. Thousands extra invested. $6300 and worth every penny. If this ad is up, then YES it is still available! I can help out with delivery, too."

Let me know what you guys think, what I should look out for. Thanks!

-Romeu A

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm going to be asking for some better pictures to try to get at better look. It's located 2 hr from where I live.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
I've seen that add up for a few weeks, seems a little high$$ for mileage and model. Seen some S4R's 07's for a $1200 more less mileage. Offer a little less and see where it gets you..

·
Registered
34 Posts
FWIW, earlier this year I bought an 05 S2R 800 with 90 miles on it (!) for my wife for $5300. It was bone stock, but basically a brand new bike for that price. Your guy has put some goodies on the one he's selling, but the price seems pretty high to me, considering the miles. I would see if he'd come down some, maybe $5500. I doubt he's gonna sell it for what he's asking.

That said, it's a great bike.

Topangster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts