185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Year: 2005
Model: 749R
Eng size: 749
Pipes: Zard Exhaust
Seat: Monoposto of Corse
Wheels: Marchesini
Accessories: Full Carbon fairings. Carbon front fender and rear mudguard. Zard exhaust. Soon to be added, Magnesium headlight and magnesium mirror stays.
And the story: I was originally going to get a 749 Dark, as I love the matte black look. But after doing some research, I realized that the 749R models had so many more upgrades, so I spent double on my original budget, when I located this sweet machine in Kelowna, B.C. It only had 7,200 kms. I have put alot of time and effort to get it looking the way I wanted to, as I am sure many of us Ducati owners have done as well. I don't know of too many other 2005's that have complete Carbon fairings? The sides, obviously, are off a 2004 and the front is from an 05 999R. I never liked the 2 extra air scoops on top of the front of the 2004 model, so I was happy to keep the clean look of the 05/06 models, while still adding the better looking carbon sides. Just my opinion, to each their own. I love the fact that you can personalize them to how you like them. I realize that carbon bits and magnesium parts don't really do much to improve it as a street bike in performance. Some of the parts I have, but have not added, but will in quick order. But its mine and I regret nothing I have done to it, regardless of time or money spent. Like most Ducati riders, its how it makes you feel to own and ride it. And as far as that goes, there is nothing else like it other than Family and of course, the New York Rangers...:cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Lush! Love it. You just need some better pics. =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts