Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else aware of this issue with this model bike?

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Not that I know of. The XX9 series had a slight idling problem. It can die at lights, stop signs, etc. The dealership can adjust the idle rpm a little bit I think.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Ehh, all the shower injected bikes have stalling issues. Its related to the fuel mixture at idle. Its kinda hard to resolve without giving the bike MORE fuel, which can cause the catalytic converters to fail pre-maturely. The solution is to put on an exhaust w/o a catalytic converter, buy a Nemesis ECU and get it mapped for everything including idle. That will completely resolve the issues.

My 749R race bike never stalls at idle...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Not that I know of. The XX9 series had a slight idling problem. It can die at lights, stop signs, etc. The dealership can adjust the idle rpm a little bit I think.

Yep, gotta richen up the mixture, and check cam timing. From the factory, they're set to meet emissions requirements. Hot/humid weather makes it worse.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Check your plugs. Install some new ones properly gapped and see if this cures it. It might and will cost you about 45 minutes of your own time and $14. Beats having a dealer charge $90/hr to make it worse!:D
Seriously-replace the plugs!

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Check your plugs. Install some new ones properly gapped and see if this cures it. It might and will cost you about 45 minutes of your own time and $14. Beats having a dealer charge $90/hr to make it worse!:D
Seriously-replace the plugs!
The 749R uses surface discharge plugs, so no gap to set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts