Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month and a half ago, I picked up a 2005 749 Biposto in pristine condition with ONLY 76 miles on it!!!! It is my first Duc. Though, I have had many bikes before her, I have come to realise that she is something special! I am dying to mod her but I have a slightly light budget, being as I just bought a Ducati.

I am hoping you guys know of some cool mods I can do for relatively short money.

I have so far done:

Installed Carbon fiber bar ends ($20.00)
Carbon fiber heel guards, front and rear ($50.00 for both sets)
Spaced the Clutch cover (cool super-cheap mod)
Built and installed my own Under-tail plate relocator set-up ($8.00 plus fabrication skills)
Shaved the levers (free)
Lowered and adjusted the clip-ons (free)
Installed frame plugs ($10.00)

Plans:
Core and Punch a spare OEM muffler and turn it into a 54MM Sleeper Exhaust
Knock out the cats
CNC Aluminium reservoir covers
CNC Aluminium gas cover
CNC Aluminium front sprocket cover
Smoke the front and rear lights
And various other small things (mostly cosmetic)

Thanks to everyone in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice find,If it was mine being 4 years old and less than 100 miles,I would change all the fluids and replace the belts before any mods.Just my 2cts...John

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good call John..

Nice find,If it was mine being 4 years old and less than 100 miles,I would change all the fluids and replace the belts before any mods.Just my 2cts...John
I didn't think to put that on my initial post (just cause i didn't think of it as a mod) but all the fluids were done by the dealership when i got it, and I did the belt the second week into it. Also had the tank removed and cleaned out.

Sorry for not mentioning.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nobody??

Nobody's got anything? I figured I would get a huge response with all the people who mod their xx9s.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Maybe if it's a Japanese bike you'd get alot of response for cheap mods. Just a guess. I'm sure there are some cheap stuff out there for your Special Ducati like HK stuff. GL.
Save your money. It will come handy. Ducati aint cheap stuff (I'm sure you know)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Maybe if it's a Japanese bike you'd get alot of response for cheap mods. Just a guess. I'm sure there are some cheap stuff out there for your Special Ducati like HK stuff. GL.
Save your money. It will come handy. Ducati aint cheap stuff (I'm sure you know)
i agree....ducs are meant to be beautiful as is, no need for gaudy jap bike style mods. save your money for stuff thats worth spending it on

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hk? Gl?

Huh???
What are you talking about LAN?

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Sparkly bar-end tassels would be cheap bling......:D

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Look in the hall of wisdom for the Chuck Racer headlight mod. Jump a couple of wires in your left pod and when you go to high beam they BOTH stay on. Very nice indeed. Been using for years. Nothing blingy but still a mod...for FREE.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks mad

Look in the hall of wisdom for the Chuck Racer headlight mod. Jump a couple of wires in your left pod and when you go to high beam they BOTH stay on. Very nice indeed. Been using for years. Nothing blingy but still a mod...for FREE.
I will be doing that mod tomorrow. Appreciate the info.

Definitely not looking to Jap-Out my Duc. Just looking for mechanical mods and the like.

Thanks Again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Drat

www.speedymoto.com practical mods. look great and protect your bike.
The SpeedyMoto Rear Swingarm Spools/Sliders, Front Axle Sliders, and a Through Body Slider Kit are all on my list. I didn't know, though, they made other things I am looking for as well, like dry clutch parts and Other CNC stuff.

Thanks again Drat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts