Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,

I can really use some help here. I've got a highly modified 2004 ST3s (I know, there is no such thing as an 2004 ST3s except I've upgraded everything to "s" spec except ABS, so it is in effect an ST3s).

Anyhow, thinking about buying a used Aprilia RSV Mille at a very good price. This would make four bikes, and of the four the ST3 is the least likely to be ridden from here on in (as my ST3s is my pseudo sport bike right now).

This means it is time to sell the ST3s.

What is it worth? I don't have a price in mind as I realize I'll never get my money out of it. Just don't know where to start. Oh yeah, no bags, 28,000 miles, all maintenance records plus fresh tires and recently tuned.

All input welcome.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I traded my 2004 in early 2009 for $6500. But, I did not get as good a deal on the new bike either. So I would say it equaled out to about $5800 - $6200. Stock ST3 in great condition w/14,000 miles traded in to the dealer I bought it from originally. Upgrades don't really pay off in the aftermarket so I wouldn't expect them to bring you too much more other than helping it sell quicker (although outside of suspension I'm not sure what else 's' spec is, wheels, exhaust maybe?). From what I experienced the ST3 resale value, especially in this economy, isn't great. Under $7000 w/no bags and high mileage. Watch ebay for awhile if you can. See what similar bikes have sold for (there's a feature on ebay that lets you check this). Good luck on the sell.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I traded my 2004 in early 2009 for $6500. But, I did not get as good a deal on the new bike either. So I would say it equaled out to about $5800 - $6200. Stock ST3 in great condition w/14,000 miles traded in to the dealer I bought it from originally. Upgrades don't really pay off in the aftermarket so I wouldn't expect them to bring you too much more other than helping it sell quicker (although outside of suspension I'm not sure what else 's' spec is, wheels, exhaust maybe?). From what I experienced the ST3 resale value, especially in this economy, isn't great. Under $7000 w/no bags and high mileage. Watch ebay for awhile if you can. See what similar bikes have sold for (there's a feature on ebay that lets you check this). Good luck on the sell.
"although outside of suspension I'm not sure what else 's' spec is, wheels, exhaust maybe"

full "s" suspension, aluminum swingarm (vs steel), 5 spoke wheels. Also have new Leo Vince aluminum exhaust system, performance chip, air box mod, Sargent seat, adjustable footpegs, upgraded gold chain, new tires, EBC petal "lite" rotors, etc..etc..etc...

Nice bike really, maybe I should keep it and just ride it when the Aprilia goes to the shop.

·
Registered
920 Posts
If you think just for a moment you might miss your ST3s, don't sell it. Sounds like you put a great deal of yourself into it. That bike is worth way more to you than you can get out of it. I'll give ya $2200.00 if you provide shipping to Ca.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts