Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 02 s4 monster.I found a 2004 st4s with very low miles that i'm looking to buy ..my question is ..would you rather have a 2004 or 2005??and why ?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'd rather have an '05 because it's a year newer. And since I have an '05, it makes me look like I already made the right choice ;). All kidding aside, I believe the only major changes occurred in the '04 year over the previous model years. I seem to recall in doing some research prior to finalizing the purchase on mine, there was some sort of recall on the '04 but I cannot remember what it was. Nothing major, I believe. It's likely more difficult to find an '05 at this time anyway, I think. So you won't go wrong with your choice at hand. If I were to get an ST, I would get an '04 or above. And I wouldn't think twice about it. Just my opinion however. There are those that prefer the '02 styling better. I wish I could offer more info. Good luck with the decision.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Do you.............................

.....................want a wet clutch or a dry clutch? That's the difference between the '04 & '05. In '04 you had a choice of ABS or non ABS. I'm not sure if there was an '05 ST4s with ABS.
Gregg

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
The '05 was available with or without ABS, I have an ABS model. I believe the clutch is the only major difference between the year models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts