Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I’m looking into the purchase of a 2004 800SS for trackday purposes. What are the best race/track fairings I could swap out the OEM? I’ve seen others use 749/999 bodywork and wanted to get an idea of overall fitment and required modifications.

Also, what frame sliders would work best?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Sharkskinz 2 piece with race tail and "box" mount .

No sliders- as they can do more damage than good, the bodywork is your slider. axle sliders do no harm as well as fixed non-folding pegs. Bar end sliders are okay and the plastic (RG&G?) engine cover for the clutch works well. Axljak makes the best frame sliders if you must but know that you will be likely doing frame damage with any frame slider as you focus the crash onto the frame in that area. I have seen bikes bend frames from sliders more than I like.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sharkskinz 2 piece with race tail and "box" mount .

No sliders- as they can do more damage than good, the bodywork is your slider. axle sliders do no harm as well as fixed non-folding pegs. Bar end sliders are okay and the plastic (RG&G?) engine cover for the clutch works well. Axljak makes the best frame sliders if you must but know that you will be likely doing frame damage with any frame slider as you focus the crash onto the frame in that area. I have seen bikes bend frames from sliders more than I like.
Thanks so much! Appreciate your recommendations and suggestions. Great and valid points on frame sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts