Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a hard switch, are there any things I should know other than the obvious, need a new tail and seat? Also, will my seat still lock in the same way my Bi-Posto seat locks?

Thanks for your help in advance.

BTW, my name is Andrew, my first post here, im from Southeastern, PA.

·
Registered
516 Posts
its been a few years since ive owned a 996 but when i converted it from i bip to a mono i remember it being very straight forward. pop on pop off kinda thing

I even had two tail lights and put a quick connect on the wiring and could have it switched from mono to bip or back in about 5 minutes

welcome to the board, im in florida now but im originally from philly. that cant be two far from you

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Andrew.

No, there is not much you need know other than the obvious. Like vcyclenut says, it is a very simple switch. You don't need to replace the subframe, the monoposto can sit on the biposto subframe.

The monoposto does not have the two "hook brackets" that sit under the passenger seat on the biposto and lock onto the subframe. Also, the rear lock latch sits lower on the biposto subframe, so you will have to use a longer screw and some washers (or something) to mount the bracket with the lock pin on the monoposto.

If you double up on everthing (tail lights, brackets, etc) so that both tails are "complete", the switch between them is a 5 minute job (probably less), that requires no tools, other than what you need to mount or remove the passenger footpegs.

Good luck.

·
Registered
263 Posts
it gets more difficult if you are planning to go the whole nine-yards and replace the steel subframe with the true solo aluminium one

you'd need the frame, rear harness that will reach the higher computer mount point and new hardware under the tail... plus tons of time and patience...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate all of the responses, im not planning on going so far as the subframe, just wanted that mono look.

For the first poster, I live about 10 miles outside of Philly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts