Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my 2004 749s Race/Track bike with approximately 16,000 miles. I have owned the bike for approximately 5-6 years. It has always been a track bike since I have had it. I raced in CCS in 2014 and did pretty good for my first season in Thunderbike and LW F40. Last winter I spent a lot of time prepping the bike for the 2015 but due to family/financial obligations, I never raced or went to the track last year. Lots of spares and upgrades/goodies. The bike is in great shape but do understand this is a track bike. There are numerous rashes, scratches, chips etc from being ridden, trailered, dropped and slid down the track. Actually I only slid it down the track once at BHF and dented the exhaust a little right behind the LH rearset and had a little gravel chipping. I do have a title for the frame from the previous owner but since I never intended to register it, I never had it put in my name. I am also including another 2005 frame with a clean title in my name that was freshly powder coated. If I don't get any buyers I will have to part it out since the sum of the parts is probably worth more than what I am asking.

The attached dyno graph is from this past January and shows the difference from several years earlier (100hp) when I first got the bike and after installing the Termi exhaust, timing the cams and adjusting the valves (108HP).

Full Termi Exhaust
ECU has been loaded with the full Termi map and the immoblizer disabled so you don't have to use a key
Brembo Super Sport Rotors
1098 Front forks, calipers, with 30mm offset triple
HM quickshifter
STM slave cylinder
Forged aluminum wheels (few chips from tire changes)
Under swingarm rear brake mount
Brand new Woodcraft rearsets
Ducabike Racing Slipper Clutch including different weight springs (some scratches)
2005 Swingarm (rashed from the guy I bought it from)
Quick turn throttle
Lightweight seat
Track fairing stay
Track wiring harness
Beat up track fairings

Lots of spares
Original grey wheels
2004 swing arm
Suspension
wiring harnesses
oil coolers
sprockets
etc, etc, etc

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff but let me know what questions you might have or if you want additional pictures. Please don't ask to part the bike yet. I would like to sell it all at once and be done with it. Asking $4500. Located in central Indiana.

Attachments

·
grand poobah
693 Posts
Hi James, Sorry to see you selling. I raced against James two years ago. He would have won the amateur CCS regional championship if it were not for the slide he mentions above. The slide was minimal and did not render the bike inoperable. He could have easily ridden the rest of that weekend. In his first year racing, he demonstrated admirable constraint and chose to keep himself safe. I have not ridden this bike but have spent quiet a few laps chasing him. This bike is well put together and would be a blast to track. The package this bike puts together is excellent. If I didn't love my 748RS so irrationally, I would be very interested in purchasing it. This bike is the Trifecta of Ducati style, Track day fun with modern engine head design, and it is very competitive in CCS thunderbike. Not to mention parts are really easy to come by for the 749/999. Finally, this series of bikes looks best in track bodywork, as it eliminates that horrible headlight. Best Wishes with the sale, or keep it till spring and twist my arm for another race bike. Brad.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brad. I appreciate the kind words. It was pleasure racing against you.

One additional item I forgot to mention in the ad. The front 1098 forks have the 25mm Ohlins Cartridges installed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Nice build! I've put more than $5k into my non-S 749 and my bike would be put to shame against this one. If you still have it in the Spring, let's make a surreptitious swap so that my better half won't know that I've upgraded...I'll just say I'm going to visit her family in Fishers... :)

·
Flying Brit
1,809 Posts
I think these bikes I so underestimated. I won LW40 and Thunderbike in 4 CCS regional championships in 2012 on a similar 749S using the older sandcast swingarm and even competed mid pack in GTO against 1000 Japanese racebikes and a couple of podiums in GTU against R6's GSXR600s. The confidence inspiring setup with good grunt had allot to do with it. Love these bikes. Your bike looks like a great package and a good deal!

Reactions: ducseeker

·
Registered
88 Posts
Does anyone know how to get in touch with him? or if the bike is even still available? thanks...

·
Administrator
12,429 Posts
If someone is selling an item on Ducati.ms I think they should be checking in every few days so you don't hear back in the next day or two please let me know so I can close the thread for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.