Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 749R
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2004 749R that is just too hot to run in the summer months here in New York. Has anyone installed a switch for the cooling fans to turn on before the ECU switches them on?

thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah I have a switch on my 916 to over ride the fan. I flick it on in town when it gets to 180F. The bike came like that when I bought it. Fan switch wires are spliced into the wires going to the temp sensor

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,372 Posts
You could also just change the fan-on value in the ECU. Assuming, of course, that there's an appropriate xdf for your bin. It works on my '03 749s.

·
Registered
2004 749R
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could also just change the fan-on value in the ECU. Assuming, of course, that there's an appropriate xdf for your bin. It works on my '03 749s.
I wasn't aware that this was a possibility. Can you kindly tell me how I can go about doing this?

thanks

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,372 Posts
You change the value in the ECU by accessing it via one of the software tools freely available and a set of connecting cables that you have to purchase. I suggest familiarizing yourself with the whole ECU tuning concept before diving in. There's some really good threads in the Tech section that you can review to get a grasp of the procedure, but there's this one in the Supersport section which is a good first read. Guzzidiag for mapping the 15M ECU and 5x?

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Before I would put switch on or change any settings I would determine what’s “to hot”. I for the life of me have never seen any reason to change what temp Ducati set them at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts