Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering the differences in these models from everyones point of view? I am looking at the 2006, but the previous years are pretty nice deals. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,391 Posts
churche0 said:
I am just wondering the differences in these models from everyones point of view? I am looking at the 2006, but the previous years are pretty nice deals. Thanks.
The differences are between 04 and 05/6 models, and are just slight.
If you prefer the front with the two air entrances get the 04 if you prefer the new front get the 05.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
I believe the 05 get the R black swing arm as the 04 has the grey s shape type swing arm, which I dislike with all of my heart lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,235 Posts
GusGus748s said:
I believe the 05 get the R black swing arm as the 04 has the grey s shape type swing arm, which I dislike with all of my heart lol.
The '04 was already equipped with the "new" box-section swingarm. The '03 999R was the only one that had the original swingarm.

I (and most others probably) agree that the new swingarm looks so much better on the bike... but the funny thing is... if there is any "R" bike that would be the "collectible" in the group, it would be the original '03 version, especially the FILA version that Ducati guarantees only 200 were made. This is increasingly getting evident in the market as the prices of those have risen and are not budging.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,391 Posts
GusGus748s said:
I believe the 05 get the R black swing arm as the 04 has the grey s shape type swing arm, which I dislike with all of my heart lol.
Nope, the 04R has the black swingarm, but has far as i know almost all (if not all) of the 04 R that went to the States were Fila edition's.

churche0, the engine changes between 04 and 05 were minimal (don't know exactly what it was). What changed was the way (where) they measured HP, so that's why you may find 05 model "has" more 11HP when in reality, may have a gain of 3 HP.
 

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
Joined
·
2,008 Posts
migz123 said:
The '04 was already equipped with the "new" box-section swingarm. The '03 999R was the only one that had the original swingarm.

I (and most others probably) agree that the new swingarm looks so much better on the bike... but the funny thing is... if there is any "R" bike that would be the "collectible" in the group, it would be the original '03 version, especially the FILA version that Ducati guarantees only 200 were made. This is increasingly getting evident in the market as the prices of those have risen and are not budging.
My "R" Fila is number 104. Did quite a bit of research and only 70 were in fact brought into the U.S.
The 04"R" has the same chassis/suspension/carbon fiber/magnesium/set up as the 05. However, the 05/06 have titanium valves, upgraded pistons, different stroke, and different mapping. 04 999r are ADVERTISED with 139hp the 05/06 SHOULD have 150hp.

Which is actually faster on the track, the rider would decide.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
i find it interesting how so many find the newer swingarm so important.the weight diff is about the weight of a can of coke,the older is unique looking whereas the newer looks like all the other bikes.plus the older lets you change wheelbase without altering rideheight ,but not the newer,really its a non issue.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top