Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
This is a bike being represented by me for the seller. That being said, I know the bike well and it needs nothing. It is one of, if not the nicest unmolested S models I've seen. This is a really really good one. He has an identical one that I've rebuilt for him (utility cover broke the sump off the engine and needed a new engine) and that one may also be for sale, if I don't buy it.

First, the owner. He's an Italian guy and calls these bikes his babies, and he has two children. This is the guy that puts them in his garage, always has a trickle charger on them, and never misses maintenance and comes to me whenever something doesn't feel right or has any questions. I am anal about using the best of everything, so whatever was done on his bikes, is good stuff. He is looking for the RIGHT buyer who will love the bike like he did, and not F it up in any way.

Bike is the classic red with red and white tail, and it is a monoposto, ie single seater. Has an extended service contract through Ducati Bellevue that is good until Feb. 2013. Has 8621 miles on it, and the 6k service has been done of course. Bike has never been dropped.

It has carbon front & rear fenders, Termi system with carbon heat gaurd on pipe and can and an Evoluzione slipper clutch. S model is equipped with full Ohlins, hotter cams, and the early ones (2003) have 2 piece side fairings and vents in the nose fairing.
It comes with all the keys, original manual, and a sweet Ducati coffee mug. I know you just got sold on that alone!
Battery reads 14.2v at idle, tires have great tread (Pilot 2CT's), it's super clean and if service or maintenance is needed in the future, I will be available to work with you on that.

Bike can be transported to the new owner's house (locally), or you can ride it out yourself. My schedule is usually very busy, but for serious guys I can show the bike in person or I can video conference on Skype and you can see and hear it remotely.
This bike can also be exported to Canada without fuss.

Call me at 425-280-8598.

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
Very nice Ducati, me likes the slipper clutch. Where else can you buy a world class superbike with what it has on it, the shape its in with Ohlins all around for $8K? Not to mention the remaining warranty that gives you piece of mind, not that it needs it because you can tell the owner didn't trash it and in my opinion the Testastretta powerplant is very reliable and a joy to do the valve clearances on. My 04 999S was almost identical sans the slipper and it was a very fun and stable machine. Back then the S and R models were very close performance wise, the S being a 998 with 136hp and the R a 999 with 139hp. Both had room to grow for increased performance, with a good full system like an LV, you can boost power to the high 140s, perhaps 150 crank HP. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn John, thanks!
What he said :D

·
Banned
523 Posts
yeah that's a pretty damn good deal! if I had that cash laying around I'd be on my way :D

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pending sale monday

1 - 5 of 5 Posts