Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was out for a ride yesterday and I noticed that under about 3000 rpm, my bike was only firing on one cylinder. It made getting off to a start a bit of a challenge and caused a few awkward stalls at green lights.

When I'd rev the engine over 3k rpm, it would fire normally so riding at speed was no problem. I didn't have any check engine lights or other issues. I figure that it must be either an ignition or a fuel problem. The bike just clicked 10,000 miles.

Does anyone have any insight on how to diagnose and fix this issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Also. Check that the ignition coils are working.
Borow a spare one and test on the cylinder that is not firing.

Oh.. check so there isn't any water or condensation in the spark plug hole.

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
Sounds like a bad coil, not firing at low RPM is a symptom of this, though there may be other causes. See if you can identify which is not firing correctly, then swap coils and see if the problem follows the coil.

Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you washed your bike recently or got caught in the rain? If so I bet a million dollars you have moisture down in the spark plug. If you hit rain it sits directly behind the front wheel and it spits the water up and gets down in there. Take a air gun and blow it out and dry it out good and it will solve your problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts