Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I need some help. This guy says he has all the records, and the bike looks like it is in great shape (Yellow by the way). He wants $6,000. Does anybody think its a good idea, or should I just stay away from this one?

·
Registered
228 Posts
1. Where was the service done?

2. You are a Hokie right?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ok, I need some help. This guy says he has all the records, and the bike looks like it is in great shape (Yellow by the way). He wants $6,000. Does anybody think its a good idea, or should I just stay away from this one?
Hey~ I dont know what is your budget is ~ but after buying a used 2003

999s for $10000 i learned that you can always get a better deal , if you

be patient !!!

so SEARCH FOR MORE OPTION !!!!!

do not jump in directly`~~

With the money I paid for my bike ~~ I could have got 05s or other better

year models~~~~~!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Price is fair not fantastic, if he has all records and it looks to be in good condition, don't sweat the mileage. Overall sounds like a fair deal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. Where was the service done?

2. You are a Hokie right?
Haha, Lynchburg! I was just there....everyone I know is, so maybe by assosiation I am...I am going to Radford in the fall though

Yea thanks for the info everybody, I probably won't take it anyway, I kind of want a monster....It's at a "auction" at Shelor, if anyone knows where that is, my Dad is an independant car dealer, (not with Shelor though) and we usually go down to the Dealer Manhiem auctions in Flordia, but still don't see alot of Ducatis...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just bought a 2003 999 with 13,500 miles for $5,000. Just has minor scrape damage on the left fairing. Nothing a good paint job cant fix. Just thought I'd tell you what I paid.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Shit, dude, you just stole a 999. The cops will be knocking on your door any second.

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
These sellers really need the money, many reasons why for letting the bikes go so cheap. Doesn't mean thats the norm however.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have owned several Ducati's and three of them being 999's. That is a horrible deal in my opinion. 30k PLUS IS WAY WAY TOO MANY MILES FOR THAT PRICE. I would not even consider a duc with 30k but that is just me. Keep lookign and you can find a much better deal. Spend a few more bucks get an 05 with less miles. I found a 05 s model with 2k miles MINT last summer for 10k and sold it for about the same I believe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha Yea I didn't really like the sound of that price to begin with, and at a dealer auction!? Insane...and the owner was in West VA...thats not a good sign ethier. The worst Mercedes SLK we ever got was a 230 from West VA, and I'm pretty sure that owner used the car for farm use....

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i'd counter with, at 6000 you can part the bike out and near make money.so the price ain't bad.as far as mileage,its a proven good runner.ducs seem to run better with miles.except for the fact when its compared to the abundance of garage queens,that bikes got tons of quality miles to give.one only needs to view this site to see all the issues low mileage issues bikes seem to get(from little use)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha, Ok guys, I test rode the bike today. The Dealership is down to $5,000.

The bike absolutly no leaks, very very clean,not a scratch on it, the owner must have known what he was doing(one owner by the way). Has Termi system, and a power commander. I'm pretty new to all of this, but it really does seem like it's in great shape. The only thing I noticed was when you put it in neutral, it made a somewhat strange, (but quiet) sound.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I picked up my 2003 999 with 3,300 miles in perfect shape for $6200. Got to love Craigslist! :D

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
The only thing I noticed was when you put it in neutral, it made a somewhat strange, (but quiet) sound.
Are you familiar with the dry clutch? If you heard a clack-clack-clack with the bike in neutral (clutch not engaged) this is normal. The sound changes to click-click-click when in neutral and the clutch lever pulled in.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts