Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a used 2003 999 with 10000 miles on it. It has an upgraded evoltione slipper clutch other than that it is all stock. If I speed up let's say around 40 or faster and I pull in the clutch and slam on the brakes ( to maybe avoid something ) it stalls. That is the only time it ever stalls. It is fine at stop lights and never even sounds like it is going to stall. I dont know if this is a default in the manufacturing or maybe something with this new clutch. Just wanted to see if anyone has had this happen to them.

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 04 with 6000 miles stalls at idle after down shifts. I was told my TPS needs adjustment, I will have that done at the next service not a nice feeling.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok that helps. Yeah it's quite embarrassing. You would think a $18000 ( New ) bike would be a little better than that. :( But, still the best bike I've ever rode :)

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
service history?last tuneup?idle speed?theres many threads here on stalling.search and you will likely come to the conclusion that you need the tps-trim-balance looked at

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
service history?last tuneup?idle speed?theres many threads here on stalling.search and you will likely come to the conclusion that you need the tps-trim-balance looked at
Which you ought not to screw with before adjusting your valve clearances...

It ends up being pretty much a full meal deal to sort out. Might as well do it right from the get-go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts