Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just had my 6K mile service done in pensacola, FL and then loaded my bike into my truck and drove it to San Diego. Once i got out here, the bike is dying when i coast to a stop at red lights and sputtering. It doesn't happen every time, just at very random intervals throught the day. I also just took a sport bike riders class where we were going between 20 and 30 mph for about 20 miles and the bike was sputtering and doing small back fires. I know the bike doesn't like being below 30 MPH so i can understand the sputterrings (i just made that word up) but the backfiring has me somewhat concerned.

Would the fact that i moved from a high humidity climate to a zero humidity climate have anything to do with the sputterings/backfiring? Is there an idle adjustment that i can adjust to fix this or do i have to take it into the dealer?

Also could someone PM with which shop is the better one to go to in the san diego/LA area. I live in between the two cities so the distance isn't a problem.

·
Registered
136 Posts
So i just had my 6K mile service done in pensacola, FL and then loaded my bike into my truck and drove it to San Diego. Once i got out here, the bike is dying when i coast to a stop at red lights and sputtering. It doesn't happen every time, just at very random intervals throught the day. I also just took a sport bike riders class where we were going between 20 and 30 mph for about 20 miles and the bike was sputtering and doing small back fires. I know the bike doesn't like being below 30 MPH so i can understand the sputterrings (i just made that word up) but the backfiring has me somewhat concerned.

Would the fact that i moved from a high humidity climate to a zero humidity climate have anything to do with the sputterings/backfiring? Is there an idle adjustment that i can adjust to fix this or do i have to take it into the dealer?

Also could someone PM with which shop is the better one to go to in the san diego/LA area. I live in between the two cities so the distance isn't a problem.
must re-adjust trimmer and TPS.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm guessing the dealer in Pensacola won't pick up the tab if something is found wrong by the Pendleton-area Ducati dealer?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts