Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Termignoni 54mm titanium full exhaust on my 2003 999. Found a 57mm Termignoni/Ducati Performance exhaust pipe "kit". The kit comes w/ everything sans the muffler, instead they give you a new inlet plate to match the larger pipes. I guess you remove your front inlet plate of the muffler and install the new larger diameter holed plate...question is will it fit my present titanium muffler. I would think that all Termignoni mufflers are built on the same jig and just the inlet plate is changed out based on inlet pipe size. The DP catalog says it's made to replace the assymetric Termi slip on exhaust and turn it into a full 57mm exhaust.
Anyone go this route.....

·
Registered
270 Posts
Surely other folks know but it seems to me I read somewhere that the 54 mm showed slightly better powerband on this particular dyno chart than did the 57.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Ah ha, the transformation kit. Apparantly all the mufflers are the same (except for alu or ti obviously), the only difference between the 50, 54 and 57's are those inlet plates.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah ha, the transformation kit. Apparantly all the mufflers are the same (except for alu or ti obviously), the only difference between the 50, 54 and 57's are those inlet plates.
Thats what I thought, you just drill out the rivets and install the new inlet, seal it and rivet it back together......having a 2005 braced swingarm installed on my 2003 w/ a full Termi 54mm exhaust. Just a backup incase I can't get my Termi 54mm full exhaust to work w/ the new swingarm. It has the oval midpipes....

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Sounds good - you'll have to stick some pics up when it's all done. Those systems with the squashed midpipe are pretty crazy looking things. There's a 999S around my parts for sale which has a 57mm "non-squashed" system on it. It really sticks out a way!

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest I really don't care for the oval pipe. I like the round ones, even though they stick out a bit they look so much cooler. The 70mm ones on the 1098 look so out rageous! Hopefully w/ a little cut here, weld there and a BFH it will fit. The guy who sold me the 05' arm said he also had a 54mm full Termi on his 03' 999, the swinger did fit, but the rear cylinder's exhaust rubbed a little.... if the collector could be rotated a little it would fit no probs...we'll see! I want to keep my present exhaust, my 999 runs too good right now. Will get some pics up when it's done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts