Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) :D I was just working on my 2002 ST-4 when I thought that I should pass this on to you guys because you all have re-newed my interest in Ducati again with all your help in getting mine sorted out. I hated it big time at first!!!
The fairing screws were impossible to remove with those STUPID little rubber things with a nut in them. They just turned and turned. If you have a 2002 you know what I mean. Here is what I did.
I took a small piece of flat stock and cut it about 2 inches long.
Next I drilled three holes in it. The center hole is 1/4 inch and the other two are the size of a small pop rivet.
Next I welded a 5mm nut to the big hloe.
I then drilled two holes in the fairing and pop riveted the flat stock with the nut to it. It took me all day to do all of them but it is worth every minute because now I can remove and replace the fairing in mo time!!!
You cannot tell that it is different from the outside it looks stock!!!
I do not have the ability to send photos yet, but I will soon,

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Compared with Dzus fasteners?

Topic for discussion: how does this method compare in effort, $$$, and reliability to the use of the popular Dzus fasteners?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really wanted Dzues fasteners but I now live in the Philippines and they are about 50 years behind California in not just motorcycles,but everything!!! No one ever heard of such a thing!!! I can't even find shrink wrap for wiring!!
The cost of what I did was very cheap. It just was time consuming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts