Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2002 Ducati 748s and I'm awful with electrical issues. Recently the turn signals started getting finicky and only 1 side would work. After riding for a bit usually both sides would. I figured that it would be a low voltage issue from the battery and charged it and turn signals worked for a time. After coming back from a short ride the turn signals stopped working and I'm not getting power to any of the lights or the indicator on the dash. I figured that it may be the flasher relay and replaced it with a 12V/2A to 20A replacement from the stock Guerilla flasher relay. Unfortunately this didn't fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated, I'm trying to avoid taking it to a dealer that is about 2 hours away. I appreciate any help, ideas or troubleshooting.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,019 Posts
I recently picked up a 2002 Ducati 748s and I'm awful with electrical issues. Recently the turn signals started getting finicky and only 1 side would work. After riding for a bit usually both sides would. I figured that it would be a low voltage issue from the battery and charged it and turn signals worked for a time. After coming back from a short ride the turn signals stopped working and I'm not getting power to any of the lights or the indicator on the dash. I figured that it may be the flasher relay and replaced it with a 12V/2A to 20A replacement from the stock Guerilla flasher relay. Unfortunately this didn't fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated, I'm trying to avoid taking it to a dealer that is about 2 hours away. I appreciate any help, ideas or troubleshooting.

Thanks!
A good place to start would be to check the harnesses which control the lights and instrument cluster. As the issues seem to be fairly widespread between those areas I would start by inspecting and then servicing the connectors highlighted below.

Clean the contacts on those connectors if necessary, and then apply some dielectric grease. If you are still having issues subsequent to that, the problem may be in those harnesses themselves. You can check their integrity by getting your hands on the wiring schematics and a voltmeter to check for continuity.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help! Cleaning those connections and getting a new battery fixed the issue. Not entirely sure what was causing it but thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Marker Light Wire Connector by K&S Technologies®. This top-grade item is expertly made in consistence with stringent industry measures to offer a combination of an even structure and elevated level of craftsmanship.
Kodi Lucky Patcher nox

1 - 4 of 4 Posts