Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I have some questions for you guys:
1) Since I had a small crash the top and bottom triple clamps are twisted, so I'm probably looking for some new ones. Are there any alternatives that will also fit the 750SS? My bike has the 50mm nom-adjustable forks. Has anyone ever had a similar issue where the clamps get bent in a crash?

2) My front axle is also bent. Since I can't find any new or used ones locally and eBay shipping costs are huge for such a small item, in theory, I could let someone manufacture a new one from scratch. Are there any special requirements regarding the metal? What are the small holes in the axle for?

3) Before crashing I had some issues with the throttle. When riding, the bike would jerk for a second, like you let off the gas for a moment. The jerking got progressively worse until I couldn't give it any gas at all. It died, let it sit for a while and then fired it back up, worked without a problem. I also noticed that the tach jumped around, occadionally hitting 11k RPM while accelerating. When holding the RPMs at a stable ~2000-3000, the needle would jump around like crazy. The same issue occured again couple of days later. Any ideas what it could've been?

·
Señor Member
8,342 Posts
How bad was your crash that you bent both your triple clamps and the axle? What's the rest of the bike look like? Are you sure the triple clamps and wheel aren't just out of alignment to each other after crashing? If they are, loosening the pinch bolts will help you get everything back in alignment. May take a little bumping of the wheel to get everything back in alignment before torqueing all the hardware.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I locked up the front brakes and the bike slid out underneath me at about 50-60kmh into a ditch, then got rolled over. Broken head- and taillight and front fairing. Otherwise okay. The axle is visibly bent and the shocks are not parallel whilst in the lower clamp. The top clamp does not want to go over the shocks. Both clamps also rock while placed on a flat surface.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts