Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a project 2002 monster 620 dark. the previous owner had the air box removed (missing) and has 2 K&N filters on the throttle bodies in it's place. It seems to run fine, but I notice the MAF sensor now has no place to attach. Not that I know for sure that it did connect on the air box, but would make sense that it would. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also if one you could send a pick of where the coil packs should mount I would appreciate it. Specifically the horizontal cylinder that's the one I don't know where to correctly mount. these are just 2 of a few issues to address to get it back on the road safely. I appreciate any help.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
air temp sensor

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
the 4 wire sensor is ambient air temp and pressure. it's mounted up behind the headlight. try to keep it in a dead air area, that way it won't get a pressure drop or a temp drop due to air moving over it.

they run better if the pods have a bell mouth shape inside them or you have some trumpets, etc, fitted to the throttle bodies (using the original throttle body to airbox rubber tubes and big filters over them. like an intake express or corse dynamics kit. it will make more power with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts