Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The Sport 1000 biposto is my dream bike, but until then I've been planning mods to my 2001 750 monster to get closer to the sport classic.

Question- best bar option to achieve the sport 1000 stance? I know most threads try to do the opposite because that stance is uncomfortable, but I want it!

I'm looking into riser clip-ons, as well as one piece bars from cycle cat that are more akin to the cafe-racer, downward pointing geometry.

Any tips or points in the right direction would be awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
If your fork tubes are 50mm up top you can use Sport Classic risers and clipons. You'll have to slide them down a bit on the Monster fork tubes to mimic the Sports' height.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Not trying to hi-jack...

I am planning this mod as soon as I can get my hands on some SC risers/bars, please let me know if anybody has any for sale.

To the OP: If you get some risers first please let me know how they fit and feel etc.

Also does anybody have any concerns with this mod?

Please PM or email [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
My bike...

I am riding a 2001 m900s with the stock alum handlebar and stock risers...

The ergos are great but I'm after the cafe look so I want to try clip-ons... so I have rounded down my search to the S1000 / Paul Smart set up.

I understand there are plenty of aftermarket bits out there but none of them look very flattering... (most aftermarket bits don't look very flattering IMO)

I will keep an eye on ebay for a set... may consider picking up the single one if it looks good.

Will keep you posted on my progress...

·
Registered
54 Posts
if any of you end up getting clip-ons, I'm looking for a stock bar and clamps/bolts for my 2000 m750. I currently have low-rise clip-ons on mine, and they've been bent a few times, and I'm not fond of the super leaned over feel of them, so I want a stock bar setup on it. problem is I dont have the stock clamps or bolts for a stock bar, so I'd need it all. PM me if you want to sell me your stock bar/clamps/bolts

thanks
~Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow- stunning bike, nicely done. Those rims!

That does look exactly like what I'm going for- not as low as straight clip ons and with a downward turn. Also

Where are the mirrors from? My bar-ends are annoying and those look like the sport 1000 but black, something I hoped existed.

Maybe I'll post over in the sport classic section and see if anybody wants to sell me some comfort risers!

Appreciate the post man, one step closer to getting mine set up.

·
Registered
237 Posts
They are Rizomas. I just put some Oberon mirrors on my bike with integrated turn signals. I'll be selling the Rizomas if you're interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts