Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys -- question -- there's a red looking indicator light on the instrument cluster located below and between the turn indicator light and the neutral light and to the left of the yellow fuel reserve light. Does anyone know what that is? The user manual doesn't talk about it -- it is in the picture of the instrument cluster, but without number and explanation. I don' ever remember that light being on...

Thanks!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
That's a very good question....
IMO, that's a light used for low battery warning, used with former 2 wires 270W charging system.
When ducati went on 380W and last 916s, they gave up this cool stuff. Remain the indicator in the dash.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
It's the pilot light for the self-destruct sequence..............

·
Registered
697 Posts
I thought it was a warning light indicating an issue with the charging system, I have a 1996 916Spa, the light glows but is not fully illuminated when the bike is running, was going to do some charging system tests to see if I had an issue. Anyone have any further input?
Thanks,
Fran

·
Registered
20 Posts
Gladiator is correct...old charging system warning light, not used after 2000.
OK, I have a '99 ST4. That light never comes on, even after turning the ignition on but not starting the bike. Tried another bulb, no joy. Is this normal, or do I have a problem with the indicator circuit? I just had a battery die on me suddenly. I put a new one in, bike starts up fine, but don't want to ride a couple of miles and have it quit because the charging system isn't working and I don't know it....I suppose I could let it idle for a while and see if the battery dies. :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Decided to RTFM. It's in the diagram but isn't labeled at all. Weird. It has wires running to it. Oh, well, I guess I'll just use it as a storage spot for a spare bulb. Charging system appears OK, since voltage at the battery goes up with acceleration.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts